How to Brighten a Dark Room
Most of us have a room in the house that is always dark. It’s either an interior room without windows or a room that never seems to get enough sunlight. Don’t worry there are some simple thing you can do to brighten that space to make it feel more inviting. If you’re still struggling after applying these tips I recommend hiring a color consultant to help you choose the right paint colors.
Tips to Brighten a Room
- One of the most obvious ways to brighten a room is to choose a bright interior paint color. Some decide to go with a straight white but it can often end up looking stark and institutional which is almost as bad as being too dark.
- Install new lighting. Avoid using overhead lighting, overhead lights create just a little ring of light in the center of the room. Instead, try track lighting and aim the lights in a different direction. If track lighting isn’t your style go with table lamps.
- Hang a mirror. Mirrors have two bonuses in a dark room, they reflect light making a space feel brighter and they add depth which makes the room feel bigger.
- If the room has dark stained trim paint the trim white.
- Install tubular day lighting devices. A tubular day lighting device is a reflective tube that connects between the roof and the ceiling. The ceiling lighting will be diffused so instead of casting a straight beam of light they emit a soft glow. I’ve worked in many houses with these and I’m always amazed at just how much light these things bring in.
Now I realize not all these methods don’t apply to every situation, especially the tubular lighting, but with a little effort, you can make that dark room bright.
Call Paragon Painting
Need help brightening up your dark space? Call Paragon Painting for a free quote 843-695-9450.