Working as a painting contractor in the Charleston SC area requires a lot of tools. So we don’t have to continually leave to get the equipment we try to keep our work truck fully stocked and prepared for any situation we may come across. Which is a lot of stuff to carry around! So what’s in that truck anyway? Here’s a list of some of the things we carry around with us every day.
- Festool CT-26 Dust Extractor and sanders including a DTS-400, ETS-125, and an RO-90.
- Sand paper ranging from 40grit to 320
- Caulk guns and caulk
- Drywall compound
- Spackle trays and knives ranging from 4-10inches
- Shoe Covers
- Roller Polls ranging from 2ft-16ft
- Paint Brushes, Roller Handles, Sleeves, and Grids
- 4ft and 6ft step ladders
- Huge bin of Drop Clothes
- Wood filler and painters putty
- An assortment of primers for almost any situation
- A five-gallon bucket of flat white paint for ceilings
- A couple gallons of the most common white semi-gloss we come across daily
- Carpet and hard surface glides for moving furniture
- Tape and Paper
- Painters Plastic
- Tool box filled with a variety of hand tools like screwdrivers and wrenches
- 16ft extension ladder
- Pivot tool for leveling a ladder on steps
- Empty five gallons and one-gallon buckets to pour paint into
- Paint and lacquer thinner
- Piece of drywall for repairs
- Boxes of nails and screws for every situation you can think of
- Krud Kutter (best cleaner ever!) and bleach
- Box of Painters Rags
- and more!
Wow, that’s a lot of stuff. After looking at that list I’m surprised it can all fit in there! That doesn’t include the ladders on top. We typically carry a 28ft, 20ft, and two 24ft extension ladders.
When we do exteriors some things get taken out and a pressure washer gets added. We also change out some stuff for popcorn removal and garage floor coatings, but for the most part, all that stuff stays in there all the time.
Give Us a Call!
Next time you need a painting contractor to paint your house in the Charleston SC area, call the company that comes prepared: Paragon Painting (843) 695-9450